It’s end of day and I am just steeping a cup of chamomile tea. Would you like to join me? It’s hard to imagine that Easter has nearly passed, particularly since the ground here is still covered in a blanket of white. It has been snowing on and off over the past few days. This morning the roads were icy and treacherous in places. Today, it was less like Easter and more like Christmas with a long weekend, shovelling, church services, family gatherings, roast turkey, wrapped gifts and chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Our family and neighbours were even exchanging tongue-in-cheek greetings of “Merry Christmas!” It was as if time had stood still and we hadn’t moved past the 25th of December! Sigh.
My hubby and I were grateful to be able to enjoy a delicious dinner with my sister, niece and her beautiful family. We had lots of laughs. My niece Janell’s children are Lily, age 2, and Victoria, age 9. They are always entertaining and just a barrel of fun. They LOVED their Easter cookies! Lily’s first word when she spied them was, “WOW!” And, she ran to give me a big hug! I hope you celebrated and enjoyed your time with loved ones as well.
I am enjoying an Easter vignette in a teeny corner of my kitchen tonight while sipping a cuppa. My husband has gone to bed. I decided to stay up for awhile to wind down after the day’s festivities and savour the quietness of the house. Our cat, Monza, is nearby cozily curled up in his basket and snoozing away. I think I can hear him snoring! The cat. Not hubby.
I just want to tell you how touched I am by all the lovely comments you left on my last post, Easter Blessings! I am so glad you enjoyed it. I was really quite surprised by the number of visits it received! And, thank you for coming to see me tonight, too! Sweet dreams of Easter…
Wishing you a beautiful start to a new week,
I am joining A Return to Loveliness, Make It Pretty Monday, Mop It Up Monday, Met Monday, Mosaic Monday, Mod Mix Monday, Creative Blogger, Teatime Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Make the Scene Monday, Cottage Style Easter/Spring Party, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, Tuesdays at Our Home, Tweak it Tuesday, Martha’s Favourites, Tabletop Tuesday, What’s It Wednesday, Friends Sharing Tea, Cottage Style Party, Primp Your Style, Wordless Wednesday, Be Inspired, Whatever You Want Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday, Blissful White Wednesday, Wholehearted Home, Outdoor Wednesday, Show and Share, Treasure Hunt Thursday, Pearls and Lace Thursday, Share Your Cup Thursday, Time Travel Thursday, Transformation Thursday, Homemaking Linkup, Thursday Favourite Things, Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits, No Minimalist Here, Feathered Nest Friday, Shabbylicious Friday, Fabulous Creative Friday, Home Sweet Home, Show and Tell Friday, Be Inspired, Open House at Bernideen’s, Pink Saturday, Saturday Show Off , What To Do Weekends, Seasonal Sunday and Sunny Simple Sunday!
Popular Post! “Reflections of a Romantic Christmas”
Popular Post! “Celebrating The Twelfth Day of Christmas”
Popular Post! “Gingerbread Dreams…”
Popular Post! “Christmas is coming!”
Today’s popular posts! Click the photo to take you there! Scroll down to ‘Beautiful Archives’ for more posts.
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces”
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle!
- Be My Valentine!
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas!
- Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Gingerbread Dreams
- Christmas is coming!
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
- A CHRISTMAS TEA, TOUR AND MORE…
Popular Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
POPULAR POST: A Special Christmas Tea, Tour & More…
Beautiful Victorian Father Christmas!
Beautiful Holiday Door That Says, Welcome! Stay tuned for more Christmas as the weeks go by…Hope you enjoy the preview!
POPULAR POST: The Santa Lady of Farm Road
POPULAR POST: The Jolliest Man…
Beautiful Sweets and Treats of the Season…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Christmas Faerie!
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
Beautiful Antique Teapot
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Beautiful Garden Quote
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station 2015/11/15
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces” 2015/03/14
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle! 2015/02/21
- Be My Valentine! 2015/02/14
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas 2015/01/08
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas! 2015/01/05
- Merry, Merry Christmas! 2014/12/25
- Gingerbread Dreams 2014/12/23
- Christmas is coming! 2014/11/13
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
- I’ve Missed You! 2013/11/11
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Sarah Bernhardt Peonies!
Beautiful Wedding Cake! This frosted beauty was a surprise for friends at their wedding…
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...