I hope you are having a lovely day. It’s spring! Does it feel like spring where you are? I’m just popping by briefly to bring you a big beautiful bouquet of wonderfully warm wishes for a sublimely special Easter! I’m practicing my alliteration skills. Lol I was browsing through some old photo albums the other day, and with Easter fast approaching, I thought that I would share these with you.
Although most of our snow has already melted away and the sunlit days are lengthening, I have yet to see a crocus braving its sweet head above the soil. There are no bird choirs rehearsing and just a few mornings ago, we awoke to a little snowfall that softly blanketed the lawns and streets. Thankfully, it left as quickly as it came. It’s cold here still and there is more snow in the forecast. The mercury is slowly climbing and so what happens to fall shouldn’t last long. Fingers crossed. Like many of you, I am done with winter. And, so I am sharing a decidedly floral theme to help brighten your day and warm your heart…
I hope you don’t mind that these photos are not of ‘the real thing’. Could you tell? Of course, there is no substitute for natural flowers but whenever I see a flattering imitation of a real bloom, I can’t help but scoop it up to use in my displays and projects, particularly my garden/tea wreaths. I love crafting them for gifts and fundraisers. (Click “A Garden Tea Wreath” for some beautiful inspiration.)
Many of these blossoms may look familiar to those of you who drop by regularly. They have been recycled from a ‘Surprise Wedding’ that I planned a few years ago for a co-worker. Yes, I did say, ‘Surprise!’ Have I peaked your curiousity? Well, you can read all about it here, if you like, at (The Gift of A Wedding)! What delightful memories! Even though these flowers are ‘Everlasting’, I think they are very cheerful. They bring a smile to my face every time I see them and I hope they will bring one to yours, too! Can you spot the real flowers amongst the imposters in the photos below?
What comes to mind when you think of Easter?
- Decorated eggs hung on tree branches
- Tulips, lilies and hyacinths artfully arranged, tied up in raffia
- Glittery greeting cards tucked inside minty aqua envelopes
- Easter grass, chocolate rabbits, marshmallow peeps
- Names written on confection eggs, basketweave icing
- Rainbows of jelly beans in carrot-shaped cello
- Brightly woven baskets and pastel ribbons
- Floppy-eared furry rabbits and fuzzy yellow little chicks
- New skipping ropes, bubble wands, sidewalk chaulk and paint sets
- Beautiful spring mornings and wide-brimmed hats
- Church bells and services at sunrise
- Family gatherings for a special feast
- Easter breads and hot cross buns fresh from the oven!
- Outdoor egg hunts
- The promise of renewed faith and hope
Easter means many things to many people. It is perhaps the oldest, most significant and most celebrated occasion of the Christian church. The date varies each year falling somewhere between mid-March and late April. The symbolism and customs vary widely all over the globe. Whatever the Easter season holds for you, may it be filled with love and joy and may you have the great gift of hope – and a little chocolate wouldn’t hurt either!
EnJOY, dear friends, and Happy Easter from Newfoundland!
Are you comfy in that chair? Here’s a plump little pillow for your back. While you are having a browse, would you like to share a cuppa ? I’ll put on the kettle. The tea won’t be but a few minutes brewing. You pick the teapot! I’m thrilled you came to visit…
Wishing you a beautiful day,
“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” Robert Flatt
I’m thrilled to be joining Bernideen’s Tea Time, Creative Bloggers, A Return to Loveliness, Cottage Style, Between Naps on the Porch, Mop It Up Monday, Sunlit Sunday, Seasonal Sunday and Sunny Simple Sunday, Teatime Tuesday, Teacup Tuesday, Tabletop Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, One Project At A Time, What’s It Wednesday. Friends Sharing Tea, Cottage Style, Primp Your Stuff, Wow Us Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday, Blissful White Wednesday, Be Inspired, Pearls and Lace Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, Treasure Hunt Thursday. Creative Things Thursday, Thursday Favourite Things, Fine Craft Guild, Feathered Nest Friday, Fabulously Creative Friday, Home Sweet Home, Open House Party, Open House, Show and Share, Show and Tell, Shabbylicious, Inspiration Gallery, Simple and Sweet Friday, Tips, Tidbits and Tutorials, Favourite Photo Friday, Thrifty Things Friday, Be Inspired, Pink Saturday, Easter Show Off and Easter Party Cottage Style, Creative Blog Hop, Homemaking Link Up and The Tablescaper!!
Popular Post! “Reflections of a Romantic Christmas”
Popular Post! “Celebrating The Twelfth Day of Christmas”
Popular Post! “Gingerbread Dreams…”
Popular Post! “Christmas is coming!”
Today’s popular posts! Click the photo to take you there! Scroll down to ‘Beautiful Archives’ for more posts.
- A Merry Christmas Tea!
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces”
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle!
- Be My Valentine!
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas!
- Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Gingerbread Dreams
- Christmas is coming!
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
Popular Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
POPULAR POST: A Special Christmas Tea, Tour & More…
Beautiful Victorian Father Christmas!
Beautiful Holiday Door That Says, Welcome! Stay tuned for more Christmas as the weeks go by…Hope you enjoy the preview!
POPULAR POST: The Santa Lady of Farm Road
POPULAR POST: The Jolliest Man…
Beautiful Sweets and Treats of the Season…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Christmas Faerie!
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
Beautiful Antique Teapot
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Beautiful Garden Quote
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- A Merry Christmas Tea! 2015/12/26
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station 2015/11/15
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces” 2015/03/14
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle! 2015/02/21
- Be My Valentine! 2015/02/14
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas 2015/01/08
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas! 2015/01/05
- Merry, Merry Christmas! 2014/12/25
- Gingerbread Dreams 2014/12/23
- Christmas is coming! 2014/11/13
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Sarah Bernhardt Peonies!
Beautiful Wedding Cake! This frosted beauty was a surprise for friends at their wedding…
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...