THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady
Hello Dear Friends!
Today I am dreaming – dreaming of old-fashioned garden teas, teas on the porch, seaside teas, and tea picnics…
We are having a snowstorm in this corner of the world, and there’s not much moving outside. So, I thought I would pass a little ‘quiet time’ and have some fun browsing through old photos and videos (I should be removing the past holiday eye-candy from my main blog page but that’s for another day). Hmm, I came across something that I think you might like…
Some of you might recall that I travelled to Prince Edward Island last summer just to meet a new friend through blogging, Carolyn of the popular blog Aiken Home and Gardens!
During my visit with her, Carolyn gifted me her prized antique lustreware teapot! It has appeared from time to time in her breathtakingly beautiful blog posts like this one and this one. She knew that I loved, it too, and I could not believe that she was gifting it to me as a remembrance of our visit together.
I featured Carolyn’s home and gardens in a series of five (Yes, 5!) blog posts listed below:
- An Enchanted Island Garden (Touring, Part I)
- Growing A Gift – A Gardener’s Passion (Touring, Part II)
- A Natural Beauty (Touring, Part III)
- A Garden’s Secret (Touring, Part IV)
- Embracing Romance, A Home’s Interior Tells A Love Story (Touring, Part V)
As a gift to Carolyn, I put together a slideshow of just some of her many teas that she has shared with her readers over the years. The photos in the video are from Carolyn’s own blog. Carolyn has an abundant collection of the most enchanting teapots and tea things I have ever seen. I love looking at it and thinking of warmer days ahead…
I thought I would share the video with you and hope you enjoy it, too! Carolyn’s tea vignettes are, indeed, a feast for the eyes. You’ll surely be inspired – if not to go out and dig yourself a big ol’ garden, at the very least to put the tea kettle on! Lol After you watch it, why don’t you pop over to visit Carolyn’s captivating blog where she generously shares her life on the idyllic Island of Anne. And, don’t be shy, please leave her a comment to let her know you came by; I know she’ll appreciate it. Won’t you tell her that I sent you! Lol Here’s to a lovely teatime! Thanks for stopping by.
Click the link below to view
I always fear that creation will expire before teatime.
– Sidney Smith
I am happy to be joining the following wonderful parties: Simply Sweet and Lace, Victoria, A Return to Lovelines, Friends Sharing Tea, Home Sweet Home, Potpourri Friday 2805, Show Off your Cottage Monday, Teatime Tuesday , Teacup Tuesday What’s It Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Feathered Nest Friday and Show and Tell Friday!
Popular Post! “Reflections of a Romantic Christmas”
Popular Post! “Celebrating The Twelfth Day of Christmas”
Popular Post! “Gingerbread Dreams…”
Popular Post! “Christmas is coming!”
Today’s popular posts! Click the photo to take you there! Scroll down to ‘Beautiful Archives’ for more posts.
- A Merry Christmas Tea!
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces”
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle!
- Be My Valentine!
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas!
- Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Gingerbread Dreams
- Christmas is coming!
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
Popular Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
POPULAR POST: A Special Christmas Tea, Tour & More…
Beautiful Victorian Father Christmas!
Beautiful Holiday Door That Says, Welcome! Stay tuned for more Christmas as the weeks go by…Hope you enjoy the preview!
POPULAR POST: The Santa Lady of Farm Road
POPULAR POST: The Jolliest Man…
Beautiful Sweets and Treats of the Season…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Christmas Faerie!
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
Beautiful Antique Teapot
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Beautiful Garden Quote
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- A Merry Christmas Tea! 2015/12/26
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station 2015/11/15
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces” 2015/03/14
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle! 2015/02/21
- Be My Valentine! 2015/02/14
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas 2015/01/08
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas! 2015/01/05
- Merry, Merry Christmas! 2014/12/25
- Gingerbread Dreams 2014/12/23
- Christmas is coming! 2014/11/13
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Sarah Bernhardt Peonies!
Beautiful Wedding Cake! This frosted beauty was a surprise for friends at their wedding…
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...