The Littlest Angels
Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you. ~Quoted in The Angels’ Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
I hope this season of beauty is filled with joy, contentment, and good health as you delight in the company of family and friends, and in keeping alive the traditions of hope you hold near and dear.
As we are all hustling and bustling about these days, I thought I’d keep this post brief in sharing with you two darling harbingers of this spiritual season of love and giving.
The ‘Littlest Angels’ are new this year to my collection of Christmas treasures. Every year I declare that I am never buying another holiday decoration! Have you ever told yourself this?! But, honestly, who could resist these sweet winged creatures?! They just bring a smile to your face, don’t they?! Their perch this season is on a half wall in my kitchen near my pantry cupboards. All the sprigs of pine, cedar and fir, as well as the hydrangea, are faux! Can you tell?! You’ll have to look closer. You can click on any of the photos to see more detail, if you like…
The tallest white ironstone pitcher was given to me by my husband’s mother many years ago. It had belonged to her mother-in-law; and even though its lip is chipped, she knew I’d love it. And, when it’s filled with flowers or greenery (which it most always is), you can’t even notice the imperfection. I think it just adds tons of character.
I am dressing up my kitchen a little more than usual this year, preparing our home for a special holiday fundraiser – A Christmas Tea for Lucas in support of my dear friend Carolyn Aiken’s grandson and family. Many of you already know Carolyn from her blog about life on glorious Prince Edward Island, but for those of you who haven’t met her yet, I hope you will visit her here. I promise you will enjoy it.
The Tea my husband and I are hosting features merry carol singing on the front lawn! Yay! The carollers are from our Memorial University School of Music here in Newfoundland. They are a wonderful volunteer group of students carolling to raise money for cancer research, a cause close to my heart. And, of course, a holiday house tour is included, as well as lots of prizes and surprises. It’s hard to believe that it will all be happening in just a little over a week on December 11th. Carolyn herself is hosting a Homes for the Holiday Tour in support of the Muscular Dystrophy Association on her Island the day before the Tea, on the 10th. You might say from an Island to an Island… There are so many things yet to do, aren’t there Carolyn?!
Enjoy your holiday preparations! And, I know you’re all busy as bees, so thanks for taking precious time out of your day to stop by for a visit. Have a lovely weekend!
I am joining Tiaras and Bowties for their 25 Days of Christmas party.
Pay attention to your dreams – God’s angels often speak directly to our hearts when we are asleep. ~Quoted in The Angels’ Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
Popular Post! “Reflections of a Romantic Christmas”
Popular Post! “Celebrating The Twelfth Day of Christmas”
Popular Post! “Gingerbread Dreams…”
Popular Post! “Christmas is coming!”
Today’s popular posts! Click the photo to take you there! Scroll down to ‘Beautiful Archives’ for more posts.
- A Merry Christmas Tea!
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces”
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle!
- Be My Valentine!
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas!
- Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Gingerbread Dreams
- Christmas is coming!
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
Popular Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
POPULAR POST: A Special Christmas Tea, Tour & More…
Beautiful Victorian Father Christmas!
Beautiful Holiday Door That Says, Welcome! Stay tuned for more Christmas as the weeks go by…Hope you enjoy the preview!
POPULAR POST: The Santa Lady of Farm Road
POPULAR POST: The Jolliest Man…
Beautiful Sweets and Treats of the Season…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Christmas Faerie!
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
Beautiful Antique Teapot
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Beautiful Garden Quote
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- A Merry Christmas Tea! 2015/12/26
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station 2015/11/15
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces” 2015/03/14
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle! 2015/02/21
- Be My Valentine! 2015/02/14
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas 2015/01/08
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas! 2015/01/05
- Merry, Merry Christmas! 2014/12/25
- Gingerbread Dreams 2014/12/23
- Christmas is coming! 2014/11/13
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Sarah Bernhardt Peonies!
Beautiful Wedding Cake! This frosted beauty was a surprise for friends at their wedding…
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...