Beautiful “PINK DAYS” At Pat’s Plants & Gardens…
Glorious Bright Sunshiny Day, Everyone 🙂
At long last, we are seeing the SUN – the first time in a very long time, maybe even weeks. Doesn’t it just put a skip in your step when the sun shows its face?! I am so excited that you are here and am just about to prepare the teapot to brew some delicious Darjeeling tea. I would love it if you would sit with me awhile to share a steaming cuppa…Do you have time today? Even though it is sunny outside, it is still not warm enough to sit out on the deck and sip iced tea…Sigh.
BEAUTIFUL IDEA: One of my many favourite local garden centres is Pat’s Plants and Gardens, Bay Bulls, about a 30-minute drive from where I live. I am thrilled to tell you that Pat is generously hosting a “PINK DAYS” at her amazing garden centre to help raise funds to support breast cancer programs, research and equipment in Newfoundland and Labrador. So, if you live near, we’d love to see you there and join in the fun!
Come on out to “PINK DAYS” at Pat’s Plants and Gardens, Bay Bulls on Friday through Sunday, July 15th-17th. A percentage of all Pat’s ‘PINK PLANT’ sales during this entire ‘PINK WEEKEND’ will be donated to this very important cause. Thank you, Pat!!! We hope that this first “PINK DAYS” fundraiser will be so successful that it becomes an annual event!!! AND, We need YOU to help us do that…
Click the link below for a recent interview re “Pink Days”, Scroll down to Pink Days cancer fundraiser
“PINK DAYS”, PAT’S PLANTS & GARDENS, BAY BULLS, FRIDAY – SUNDAY, JULY 15th – 17th (10 a.m. – 5 p.m. all 3 days)
Different things will be happening on different days but Saturday, July 16th, will probably be the best day to bring the kiddies!
Enjoy sweeping ocean vistas, Sugar Mama’s Cupcakes, ice-cold ‘Pink Drinks’, Pink Cotton Candy, Sky-High Amusements twisty animal balloons, Wonderbolt happy entertainment, pretty ticket prizes, glorious give-aways and special surprises!
To tempt you, here’s just a sampling of the many beautiful things you could win during ‘Pink Days’ at Pat’s Plants & Gardens:
- “Tea-by-the-Sea”: A tasty lunch for two from the nearby Bread and Cheese Inn, just mere minutes from Pat’s Plants and Gardens – check out the awesome view from their dining room in the sidebar of my blog, or better yet in person!
- Gift certificates from Alderberry Blum Country Gifts right next door to Pat’s Plants and Gardens! Be sure to drop by this beautiful country store and say, “Hi!” – Christine and Sandy would love to see you! And, there’s always fresh coffee brewing and sweet treats.
- “Tea Garden Lunch”: A lovely dining experience for two from The Tea Garden in Holyrood. Their fresh panfried cod, ‘secret-recipe’ house salad dressing and homemade chocolate cake is devine…You’d better make reservations!
- “Ice-Tea Time”: “Santa Fe style” pitcher, beverage ladle and delicious pomegranate ice-tea mix – Bring it out when guests arrive!
- “Tea-for-One”: A fine bone china floral-patterned tea set beautifully presented for gift giving, wrapped in cello, trimmed with lifelike roses and even a gifttag…Just perfect for the tea lover or gardener!
- “Fun-in-the-Sun!”: The softest, prettiest beach towel you’ve ever seen, a cute thirst-quencher ‘takeaway tumbler’ with straw and pink lemonade mix – the perfect ensemble for “Me Time”!
- “Coming Up! Roses”: A gorgeous rose-covered serving tray, coordinating theme napkins & the sweetest floral tea lights – all from Bowring and simply perfect for garden entertaining!
- “Lunch for Two” from Pasta Plus, Avalon Mall – Enjoy their yummy panini sandwiches and strawberry spinach salad!
- A fabulous home decor item from Hayward Interiors,
- Something wonderful from House to Home
- A special gift from Living Rooms
- A hair care basket, including straightening iron, from Chatters, Mount Pearl
- $50 gift certificate for a yummy meal at Bagel Cafe, 246 Duckworth Street, St. John’s and the list goes on!
- And many, many more beautiful things, so be sure to stay tuned…
Thank you, too, Tony and the Print Shop Ltd.; Paulette, Margaret and Alyssa at Sky High Amusements (they have great ideas for children’s parties!); Beni Malone and his Wonderbolt Circus – check out Wonderbolt’s Summer Camp for kids! and Sugar Mama’s Cupcake Bakery – YUM! YUM!
Be sure and get your tickets on this fantastic prize “The Pink Pamper” valued at over $550!!! You won’t want to miss out on your chance to win this beauty:
- Signature Salon – “The Signature Look”: shampoo, scalp massage, cut and finish style, dimensional colour, eyebrow shaping, make-up application and manicure WOW!
- Lindor-Avalon Mall – Gift certificate (Check out their gorgeous pink dresses!)
- A Special Touch – ‘Kameleon’ pendant and jewel pop (It’s all the craze!)
- Guess Fragrance – ‘Wild Summer’
- Jeanne Lottie clutch purse
- Estee Lauder ‘Tea Rose’ lipstick
- Estee Lauder ‘Beautiful’ bath and shower getl
- The Tea Garden Restaurant – Lunch date for two
Presented in a gorgeous floral bandbox, wrapped in cello and trimmed with roses! A beautiful, luxurious treat for any woman!
- Tickets: $2 3/$5
- Draw Date: Sunday, July 17th
- Draw Location: Pat’s Plants and Gardens
And, of course, there will be lots of ‘pink plants’ (lilies, astilbes, roses, hydrangeas, to name just a few) to select from for your own garden during “PINK DAYS” at Pat’s Plants and Gardens! Pat will be donating 10% of all pink plant sales during this pink weekend to help fund breast cancer programs, research and equipment in NL. And be sure to get your “Invincibelle Spirit” pink hydrangea to add true beauty and deep meaning to your garden (read about it further below)…
Ooh, “PINK DAYS” at Pat’s Plants and Gardens – What a beautiful idea!
Talk with the owners of garden centres where you live about hosting a “Pink Days”…
INVINCIBELLE SPIRIT: Get your ‘Invincibelle Spirit’ PINK HYDRANGEA during “PINK DAYS”! The grower of this wonderful plant, Proven Winners, has hybridized the world’s first-ever PINK ‘Annabelle’ hydrangea. This gorgeous, show-stopping shrub reportedly grows on new wood, can withstand heavy rains and high winds, tolerates poor soil and drought conditions, and blooms and re-blooms all throughout the garden season. And regardless of soil pH, it maintains it beautiful PINK colour all season long. Even if due to extreme weather, it is reduced to the ground, you can take heart – it will return!!! It is surely a true survivor plant – hence, its name ‘Invincibelle Spirit’ in tribute to breast cancer survivors! Proven Winners is donating $1 for each of these hydrangeas sold to garden centres up to $1 million to help fund breast cancer research. It’s a beautiful thing! I’ve got mine already and you won’t want to miss “PINK DAYS” at Pat’s Plants and Gardens so you can get yours, too.
If you’ve never visited Pat’s Plants and Gardens, you’ll want to see these images of her glorious flower nurseries and grounds. Click the slideshow below. These photos were taken several years ago, but the views are still just as beautiful today as then. I hope to take more photos this season to share with you in a future post. Turn up the volume and enjoy the music, too!
Mark your calendars in PINK and bring your family and friends to “PINK DAYS”, July 15th-17th!!!! Be inspired to host a “PINK DAY” or “PINK WEEKEND” where you live and help make PINK just a colour again…Wish you were here, so we could all go together!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by everyone. Wishing you a beautiful day!
|Free photo slideshow created with Smilebox|