How are you, my friends?! While the tea’s brewing, I thought today I’d share with you something ‘out of season’! Even though it’s nearly spring, I thought you might enjoy yet a little leftover holiday bling…
This romantic tablescape happily occupies the living room during the festive season, which now seems light-years ago! The tablecloth is actually an upholstery remnant hemmed around the edges. I love its glorious rose-scattered pattern in richly saturated hues.
The warmth of this uplifting vignette in vibrant colours of plum, pink, green and gold adds instant holiday glamour to the room. The layering of patterns and textures – from wool tapestry, velvet pointsettias and satin ribbons to glittered ornaments, reflective mirrors and the twinkle of fairy lights peeping out from a snowy garland that hangs overhead – offers a joyous feast for the eyes.
At the end of the holiday season (and, admittedly, oftentimes much later), all the items are neatly tucked away in a single container marked “LR Tablescape” along with a photo/sketch so that I can easily bring back the magic the following year. The photo inspires me to change-up or improve upon the previous year’s design.
And, yes! The ivory-robed ‘Fantasy Santa’ is yet another one of my friend Jean’s fanciful creations! I will keep my promise to reveal more of her jolly gents and tell you how she brings them to life in an upcoming post.
Along with others that hang on my tree, my friend Joan painted the gorgeous “joy-filled” wooden heart you’ll see in the video below. I’ll show you more of Joan’s hearts, too, on another visit.
The mirror-framed photo (also in the video below) is of my stunning niece Ashley dressed in her floaty high school prom gown – in the years since, she has graduated with honours from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. Where, oh, where does the time go?! She and I share a love of teapots and all things pink, pink, pink! Muahhh, Ashley Rose!
I’ll see you again very soon, my lovelies. And, even though it is March, I hope you still carry the spirit of Christmas in your heart.
Wishing you a beautiful day!
Click on the link below for a beautiful video vignette. Enjoy!
Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself…
~Norman Wesley Brooks, “Let Every Day Be Christmas,” 1976
Popular Post! “Reflections of a Romantic Christmas”
Popular Post! “Celebrating The Twelfth Day of Christmas”
Popular Post! “Gingerbread Dreams…”
Popular Post! “Christmas is coming!”
Today’s popular posts! Click the photo to take you there! Scroll down to ‘Beautiful Archives’ for more posts.
- A Merry Christmas Tea!
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces”
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle!
- Be My Valentine!
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas!
- Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Gingerbread Dreams
- Christmas is coming!
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
Popular Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
POPULAR POST: A Special Christmas Tea, Tour & More…
Beautiful Victorian Father Christmas!
Beautiful Holiday Door That Says, Welcome! Stay tuned for more Christmas as the weeks go by…Hope you enjoy the preview!
POPULAR POST: The Santa Lady of Farm Road
POPULAR POST: The Jolliest Man…
Beautiful Sweets and Treats of the Season…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Christmas Faerie!
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
Beautiful Antique Teapot
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Beautiful Garden Quote
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- A Merry Christmas Tea! 2015/12/26
- A Cuppa Cozy: Cocoa-and-Cookie Station 2015/11/15
- “Room to Bloom!” Guest Blogger at “Living Large in Small Spaces” 2015/03/14
- Kitchen Leftovers That Sparkle! 2015/02/21
- Be My Valentine! 2015/02/14
- Reflections of A Romantic Christmas 2015/01/08
- Celebrating the Twelfth Day of Christmas! 2015/01/05
- Merry, Merry Christmas! 2014/12/25
- Gingerbread Dreams 2014/12/23
- Christmas is coming! 2014/11/13
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Sarah Bernhardt Peonies!
Beautiful Wedding Cake! This frosted beauty was a surprise for friends at their wedding…
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...