I hope you are having a lovely day. It’s spring! Does it feel like spring where you are? I’m just popping by briefly to bring you a big beautiful bouquet of wonderfully warm wishes for a sublimely special Easter! I’m practicing my alliteration skills. Lol I was browsing through some old photo albums the other day, and with Easter fast approaching, I thought that I would share these with you.
Although most of our snow has already melted away and the sunlit days are lengthening, I have yet to see a crocus braving its sweet head above the soil. There are no bird choirs rehearsing and just a few mornings ago, we awoke to a little snowfall that softly blanketed the lawns and streets. Thankfully, it left as quickly as it came. It’s cold here still and there is more snow in the forecast. The mercury is slowly climbing and so what happens to fall shouldn’t last long. Fingers crossed. Like many of you, I am done with winter. And, so I am sharing a decidedly floral theme to help brighten your day and warm your heart…
I hope you don’t mind that these photos are not of ‘the real thing’. Could you tell? Of course, there is no substitute for natural flowers but whenever I see a flattering imitation of a real bloom, I can’t help but scoop it up to use in my displays and projects, particularly my garden/tea wreaths. I love crafting them for gifts and fundraisers. (Click “A Garden Tea Wreath” for some beautiful inspiration.)
Many of these blossoms may look familiar to those of you who drop by regularly. They have been recycled from a ‘Surprise Wedding’ that I planned a few years ago for a co-worker. Yes, I did say, ‘Surprise!’ Have I peaked your curiousity? Well, you can read all about it here, if you like, at (The Gift of A Wedding)! What delightful memories! Even though these flowers are ‘Everlasting’, I think they are very cheerful. They bring a smile to my face every time I see them and I hope they will bring one to yours, too! Can you spot the real flowers amongst the imposters in the photos below?
What comes to mind when you think of Easter?
- Decorated eggs hung on tree branches
- Tulips, lilies and hyacinths artfully arranged, tied up in raffia
- Glittery greeting cards tucked inside minty aqua envelopes
- Easter grass, chocolate rabbits, marshmallow peeps
- Names written on confection eggs, basketweave icing
- Rainbows of jelly beans in carrot-shaped cello
- Brightly woven baskets and pastel ribbons
- Floppy-eared furry rabbits and fuzzy yellow little chicks
- New skipping ropes, bubble wands, sidewalk chaulk and paint sets
- Beautiful spring mornings and wide-brimmed hats
- Church bells and services at sunrise
- Family gatherings for a special feast
- Easter breads and hot cross buns fresh from the oven!
- Outdoor egg hunts
- The promise of renewed faith and hope
Easter means many things to many people. It is perhaps the oldest, most significant and most celebrated occasion of the Christian church. The date varies each year falling somewhere between mid-March and late April. The symbolism and customs vary widely all over the globe. Whatever the Easter season holds for you, may it be filled with love and joy and may you have the great gift of hope – and a little chocolate wouldn’t hurt either!
EnJOY, dear friends, and Happy Easter from Newfoundland!
Are you comfy in that chair? Here’s a plump little pillow for your back. While you are having a browse, would you like to share a cuppa ? I’ll put on the kettle. The tea won’t be but a few minutes brewing. You pick the teapot! I’m thrilled you came to visit…
Wishing you a beautiful day,
“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” Robert Flatt
I’m thrilled to be joining Bernideen’s Tea Time, Creative Bloggers, A Return to Loveliness, Cottage Style, Between Naps on the Porch, Mop It Up Monday, Sunlit Sunday, Seasonal Sunday and Sunny Simple Sunday, Teatime Tuesday, Teacup Tuesday, Tabletop Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, One Project At A Time, What’s It Wednesday. Friends Sharing Tea, Cottage Style, Primp Your Stuff, Wow Us Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday, Blissful White Wednesday, Be Inspired, Pearls and Lace Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, Treasure Hunt Thursday. Creative Things Thursday, Thursday Favourite Things, Fine Craft Guild, Feathered Nest Friday, Fabulously Creative Friday, Home Sweet Home, Open House Party, Open House, Show and Share, Show and Tell, Shabbylicious, Inspiration Gallery, Simple and Sweet Friday, Tips, Tidbits and Tutorials, Favourite Photo Friday, Thrifty Things Friday, Be Inspired, Pink Saturday, Easter Show Off and Easter Party Cottage Style, Creative Blog Hop, Homemaking Link Up and The Tablescaper!!
Beautiful Quote: To Dream…
Christmas Wreaths for the Cure!
Beautiful Tea & Conversation – I love hearing from you!
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
- I’ve Missed You! 2013/11/11
- Romantic Easter 2013/04/01
- Easter Blessings! 2013/03/24
- Majestic Hatley Park 2013/03/06
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park! 2013/01/31
- The First Snow of A New Year! 2013/01/02
- The Snow Tree 2012/12/30
- Snow White! 2012/12/30
- It’s Tibb’s Eve! 2012/12/23
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple! 2012/12/20
- It’s Christmas, naturally! 2012/12/20
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul… 2012/12/16
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover 2012/11/22
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!” 2012/11/09
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II 2012/04/18
- Pink Days in Bloom! 2012/03/26
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW! 2012/02/22
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA… 2012/02/04
- Random Acts of Kindness… 2012/01/08
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas… 2011/12/25
- A CHRISTMAS TEA, TOUR AND MORE… 2011/12/22
- To Lift Your Christmas Spirit High! 2011/12/22
- Ornaments of Wonder… 2011/12/12
- The Littlest Angels 2011/12/03
- The Jolliest Man, A Glad Gathering 2011/11/29
- From Canada to Holland…Christmas Wishes Across the Miles 2011/11/19
- Angels Among Us… 2011/11/18
- Operation Santa Cause – Sleigh bells ring, are you listening… 2011/11/04
- A Fear-Free Fright Night! 2011/10/29
- The Tangled Garden 2011/10/17
- The Santa Lady of Farm Road 2011/10/07
- We’re Gonna Rock This Town! Yay For Today! 2011/10/02
- IT’S GIVE-AWAY TIME! 2011/09/30
- JOYFUL FALL BULBS 2011/09/30
- Building A Legacy Through Watercolours… 2011/09/21
- From Norway With Love… 2011/09/21
- EMBRACING ROMANCE, A HOME’S INTERIOR TELLS A LOVE STORY (Touring Part V) 2011/09/10
- A GARDEN’S SECRET… Touring (Part IV) 2011/09/05
- A Garden Tea Wreath 2011/09/02
- A NATURAL BEAUTY Touring (Part III) 2011/09/01
- GROWING A GIFT – A GARDENER’S PASSION Touring (Part II) 2011/08/24
- AN ENCHANTED ISLAND GARDEN…Touring (Part I) 2011/08/22
- A Little Cafe With A Big Heart 2011/08/21
- Yes! It IS early, but not too early to mark your fall calendar: ‘A Christmas Tea For Lucas’ 2011/08/19
- BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON… 2011/08/17
- Garden Day 2011/07/24
- Pink Reigns! We Shared. We Cried. We Laughed. We Can’t Wait To Do It Again… 2011/07/20