The First Snow of A New Year!
Happy 2013, Dear Friends!
The first snow of the New Year fell last night. I always love the look of fresh snowflakes as they float through the clear air down to the ground and all around, and catch on every spray and limb and twig. Reminds me of the perfect, sparkly snow on Christmas cards… I wanted to fully appreciate the brand new snow of a brand new year, and headed to our patio with camera in hand to try and capture the moment. I didn’t use a fancy shmancy camera with all the fandangles and flashes. And, inspite of not having a proper night flash, I do like how they turned out…Kind of magical. Spiritual. The stuff for snow angels…
I love when the garden furniture is clothed in snow, how its lines are made more distinct. Intricate. I especially love seeing the snow pattern on the seat of the iron bench, and that cast beneath it compliments of the porch light. Hmmm…makes me hungry for waffles. SMILE.
At first, I was being careful to tread carefully so as not to disturb the gentle carpet of soft white beneath my feet. But, alas, someone came behind who was more heavy-footed than me and seemingly turned on the vacuum! Lol
Look closely and you’ll see a fresh pineapple nestled within the flower box above…
‘Garden child’ looks so pretty on her ‘green’ cushion. A sweet little fairy sits in the palms of her hands. I wonder what they are whispering to one another…Can children really understand the language of faeries? You can, too, if you only believe…
The silhouette of the rusty iron angel against the night sky is magical…
“Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.” Anonymous
Angel is kneeling inside a wreath of spruce, boxwood and holly beneath a flower box piled with cedar, magnolia and pine cones…
I’m am always excited that you come by to visit and just want to let you know how much I appreciate your beautiful comments, both on the blog and in emails, and for letting me share with you my tiny corner of the world this past year. I hope this fresh new year is a special one for you and that all your dreams come true…
I am partying at Vintage Inspiration, Mop It Up Monday, Make the Scene Monday, Feathered Nest Friday, Show and Tell Friday, Fabulously Creative Friday, Saturday Show Off, Sundae Scoop and Overflowing with Creativity.
My garden in season…
New Post! Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
Beautiful Antique Teapot
Beautiful Garden Quote
I’m thrilled you’re here. Please keep scrolling down the sidebar for the archives…
- Something special in the air…
- Tea from Sea to Sea!
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea!
- The Elegant Empress
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”!
- A Christmas Wish
- Christmas at the End of the Hall
- Beautiful Christmas Green!
- The Festive Table
- A Garden Award!
- I’ve Missed You!
- Romantic Easter
- Easter Blessings!
- Majestic Hatley Park
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park!
- The First Snow of A New Year!
- The Snow Tree
- Snow White!
- It’s Tibb’s Eve!
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple!
- It’s Christmas, naturally!
- The Gift of Christmas! Sanselig Jul…
- Blah-Blah Bath Makeover
- Fill Your Socks at “The Little Christmas Fair!”
- Pink, Seriously…’Pink Days In Bloom’, Part II
- Pink Days in Bloom!
- A ROOM WITH A VIEW!
- THE TREASURES AND PLEASURES OF TEA…
- Random Acts of Kindness…
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas…
- A CHRISTMAS TEA, TOUR AND MORE…
- To Lift Your Christmas Spirit High!
- Ornaments of Wonder…
- The Littlest Angels
- The Jolliest Man, A Glad Gathering
- From Canada to Holland…Christmas Wishes Across the Miles
- Angels Among Us…
- Operation Santa Cause – Sleigh bells ring, are you listening…
- A Fear-Free Fright Night!
- The Tangled Garden
“PINK DAYS IN BLOOM” – A Beautiful and unique FUNdRaiser for breast cancer research…Click here to know more!
Search for Something Beautiful on this site!
- Something special in the air… 2014/10/04
- Tea from Sea to Sea! 2014/09/05
- Pink Trees and Cherry Tea! 2014/05/10
- The Elegant Empress 2014/02/01
- Best Wishes for “The Sparkling Hour”! 2013/12/31
- A Christmas Wish 2013/12/25
- Christmas at the End of the Hall 2013/12/13
- Beautiful Christmas Green! 2013/12/03
- The Festive Table 2013/12/01
- A Garden Award! 2013/11/19
- I’ve Missed You! 2013/11/11
- Romantic Easter 2013/04/01
- Easter Blessings! 2013/03/24
- Majestic Hatley Park 2013/03/06
- Life Can Be A Walk in the Park! 2013/01/31
- The First Snow of A New Year! 2013/01/02
- The Snow Tree 2012/12/30
- Snow White! 2012/12/30
- It’s Tibb’s Eve! 2012/12/23
- Window Shopping in the Big Apple! 2012/12/20
Garden Wreath – Click here for some ‘Beautiful Ideas’…
Experience A Beautiful Wedding! Click here for this popular post…
Beautiful Tea & Conversation – I love hearing from you!
’Beautiful Ideas’ – Email me
Want to know more about anything you've seen at 'Beautiful Ideas'? Simply direct your cursor over the photo (Hint: Do not click on the photo). The email address will appear in the top left-hand corner, then click...